ACSS' Veterans Employment Assistance Program support homeless veterans in their efforts to re-enter the workforce by providing outreach, assessment, skills building, individual case planning, job readiness training, job placement assistance, referrals to housing and other supportive services. Vocational and On-the-Job training opportunities are available through the Clean Street Team (CST)
and other programs.
Homeless veterans face a plethora of issues and barriers that compound the situation of homelessness including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, substance abuse, and mental illness. Veterans who enrolled in our program gain critical job and life skills that help prepare them to obtain employment and ultimately reach their career goals.
Our partners include local shelters and social service agencies, 24/7 Gateway Center, Veteran’s Administration, Department of Labor programs and One-Stop Centers, and various veteran’s organizations.
VEAP Services Include:
- Employment counseling/Case management
- Job and life skills training
- Transitional employment
- Job Placement Assistance
- Resume development
- Housing assistance
- Clothing closet
- MARTA passes
- Referrals to veterans services
For more information about ACSS' veterans services, please contact Nickell Durham at 404.572.9025.
Click here for other Resources for Veterans.
To learn how you can sponsor a veteran to complete our program, contact Dana Johnson or call 404.446.4682.
- Person who served in the active U. S. military, naval, or air service, and who was discharged or released there from under conditions other than dishonorable
- Verification of homelessness (lacking a fixed, regular and adequate nighttime residence)
- 30-days Sobriety (Drug and/or Alcohol)
- Valid Driver’s License or State ID
- Social Security Card
- VA Card
- Willingness to make a positive change and find gainful employment.